Increase our Impact. Leave a review on iTunes. Here’s a how-to guide.
Lorenzo is the co-founder, designer, restless innovator and inspired real estate developer leading Venue Projects. He talks fast, plenty and daydreams often and he’s a nostalgic storyteller who finds magic in the details.
Lorenzo describes Venue’s work as crafting one of a kind environments that are sensitive to experiences, neighborhoods and people. That’s an understatement. Lorenzo’s approach is that of an entrepreneur. He takes opportunities and risks that most developers would not in order to create projects that are carefully crafted, artistic, community-centric masterpieces. He’s a real estate artist.
I wish Lorenzo worked in Pittsburgh.
Insights and Inspirations
- Each of Venue’s projects is built to provide wholistic returns including emotional, social, cultural, environmental and economic returns.
- Ugly buildings are a lot of fun. They are a blank canvas just waiting for reinvention.
- Real estate trends that fascinate Lorenzo include anything to do with mobility, micro-hospitality and food courts.
- Community engagement is key, if sometimes uncomfortable.
- Alternative projects must become more acceptable to our financial systems.
Information and Links
- Lorenzo is fascinated with the disruption of construction delivery systems that is brewing. This innovation is growing out of the need for both skilled labor and more efficient building models in the marketplace. Venue is contemplating partnering with Katerra for the housing / micro hospitality projects they are developing.
- Venue is interested in the potential for AirBNB to serve as a reservation system for their micro lodging concepts.
- The book Built to Love: Creating Products that Captivate Customers is foundational to Venue’s process and approach to real estate development.
Image courtesy of Venue Projects